Discover the Bay
Board our premium cruise ‘Discover the Bay’ and see for yourself the best of what the Bay of Islands has to offer. Journey to the Hole in the Rock and if weather permits, sail through it. See marine wildlife including Dolphins and stop off at Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka Island to have a swim, go for a walk, have a bite to eat and relax.
- Our local expert Nature Guides will share their extensive knowledge with an entertaining and educational account of the area.
- Scenic cruising among the 144 islands in the safe hands of our experienced skipper.
- Lifetime Marine Mammal Viewing Guarantee - we guarantee viewing marine mammals, including dolphins and whales over 90% of the time
- Explore the iconic Hole in the Rock and when conditions permit, travel through it!
- There are plenty of adventures to be had on the island. Walk, paddle board, kayak, swim and so much more!
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch. If you have dietery requirements please let us know at the time of booking so we can cater for you.
- Visit our Conservation Centre and learn about our efforts with island conservation.
- Reduced capacity - smaller groups, better comfort, superior viewing and photo opportunities
Why not stay longer?
Extend your island stay for FREE!
Return from Otehei Bay on one of our many ferries at no additional cost*.
*Summer only, subject to availability, bookings essential!
Need to know:
- Wear a light jacket and flat soled shoes
- Bring your camera
- Check in for your trip 15 minutes prior to departure
- Fully licensed bar onboard for drinks and light snacks
- This trip is suitable for children
- Lifejackets will be supplied in the event of an emergency
Where to find us
Corner of Marsden & Williams Roads
Paihia, Bay of Islands
0800 365 744
(NZ calls only)
- From $152
- From $90*
- Trip Duration
- 4.5 hours
- 1 October- 30 April
Departs Paihia 9.00am & 2.00pm Daily
Departs Russell 9.10am & 2.10pm Daily
- 1 May- 30 September
Departs Paihia 10.00am
Departs Russell 10.10am
*Children: 5-15 yrs, under 5 yrs travel for free. (Prices valid until 30 April 2019).Book Here
0800 365 744
(New Zealand calls only).
23J23, Trip Advisor, May 2016