Encounter these intelligent and playful mammals in their natural environment. You may even have an opportunity to swim* with the dolphins in the warmest waters in New Zealand.
NB: From 1st May 2018 to 30 September 2018 this product is only available as part of our Discover the Bay product (Subject to availability). See our Discover the Bay page for price and departure time details.
- Scenic picturesque views of the islands while searching for dolphins.
- Lifetime Marine Mammal Viewing Guarantee.
- Mask, snorkel, fins and a wetsuit provided.
- After swimming, showers are available on board.
- Full commentary from our knowledgeable local skippers.
- Comfortable travel on our black and yellow power cat, purpose built for dolphin viewing with observation decks and large side opening windows.
- Safe access to and from the water for all swimmers.
- If time permits, you will also visit majestic Otehei Bay and perhaps extend your island time and return on one of our many later ferries - at no extra cost!
*Once we find a pod of dolphins, Department of Conservation regulations will determine whether a swim is possible. Swimming is optional however you need to be 8 years and over and a confident swimmer in the open water.
Remember your swimming gear and towel.
Need to know:
- If you do not get to see dolphins you will get a non-transferable voucher to come again for free. This is not a money back offer.
- A portion of your fare contributes to marine mammal research and conservation.
- Bring your togs, towel and camera.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a sunhat are a must in summer months
- Check in for your trip 15 minutes prior to departure
- This trip is suitable for children
- Lifejackets will be supplied in the event of an emergency
- A portion of your fare contributes to marine mammal research and conservation
We operate a wide range of vessels in our fleet across New Zealand...
Where to find us
Corner of Marsden & Williams Roads
Bay of Islands
0800 365 744
(NZ calls only)
- From $120
- From $60*
- Trip Duration
- 4 hours
- 1st May 2018 - 30th Sept 2018
Departs Paihia 10.00am
Departs Russell 10.10am
- 1st Oct 2018 - 30th April 2019
Departs Paihia 8.00am & 12.30pm
Departs Russell 8.10am & 12.40pm
*Child age is 0-15 years old. **From 1st May to 30 September this product is only available as part of our Discover the Bay product (Subject to availability). See our Discover the Bay page for price and departure time details.Book Here
0800 365 744
(New Zealand calls only).